Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stress

Why the need to pull off the Super Woman act?

I often feel like my head is just barely over water ... dropping under for seconds, if not minutes, starting to drown ... then a little burst of energy gets me to swim again.

Have been reading a bunch ... about stress and the effects on weight loss ... or inability to do so.

And I have come to a conclusion ... I have a great amount of stress in my life.

I have to acknowledge it and stop the bullshit act that everything is ok.

It's not.

I am tired. I am weary. I often feel with the lack of sleep lately that I might lose my mind and go ape shit on someone.

I forget what day it is.

I haven't an ounce, not a drip or a drop of energy to even entertain the idea of working out.

The last week, I am pretty sure I have eaten my face off ...

So, Super Woman cape lying on the floor beside me ... white flag waving surrender.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Excellent, friend. We all have to get to this point and just be REAL with each other. Thank you for being honest. I love the Real You!

Stacy said...

My supermom cape fell off during early spring, and although the white flag hasn't flown in all ares, retiring the cape was probably the best thing I've done in a long time. It was a release from self-captivity. I hope you find that without your cape you fly higher and stronger!